The Church - My Wedding P. 1

By Kimberlene Ericka - 1:05:00 PM

My fiancé and I are both Catholics so obviously a Church Wedding would best suit us.


Our church hunting began last February 2016.

The criterias are: spacious, simple, VERY clean, located in the south and should be exclusive.

*The prices listed below is only for the church. The flowers, styling, etc. are not included.

Here's the list of our choices:

1. Caleruega Church, Nasugbu Batangas

- Their Tent Chapel on top of the hill is such a great place to have your wedding ceremony not to mention how close it is to the sky and the surroundings are physically rich in nature. Oh! What a lovely, lovely place to get married.

Caleruega Tent Chapel

Address: Barangay Kaylaway, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas 
Contact Numbers- (043)706-03-48
E-mail address: caleruega_philippines@yahoo.com
Price: Php 15,000.00

Look at wedding photos from Bride and Breakfast to appreciate the place much better during a wedding event! 

- We didn't choose this chapel because I am afraid that my wedding gown would get ripped or broken upon reaching the chapel as you have to hike going there (It's just me being sensitive as we are going to spend a pretty worth for my wedding gown, so I need to pass). We also have to consider our senior and disabled guests who will be having a problem going there. Since it is a chapel it is too small.

2. St. James The Great Parish, Ayala Alabang

- Like how it is named, the church is great! I love how architecturally rich it is, with very fine details on its facade.

Featuring my beautiful sister-in-law and her handsome husband
Address: Cuenca cor Ibaan Streets, Ayala Alabang Village, Muntinlupa City

Contact Numbers- (632) 807-1623
Website: St. James The Great
Price: Php 28,000.00

- We didn't choose this church because my sister-in-law-to-be already had her wedding there so my fiance and I opted for a different church. Also the venue nearest to this church are hotels, which isn't actually my type for my wedding reception. I don't want a big hall with draping, I want an architecturally rich venue that is close to nature and Filipino style. And we couldn't really find one around Alabang. 

3. Notre Dame De Vie Chapel, Palazzo Verde

- This is the most ideal location since it is near our home. Literally 5 minutes away. The parking lot can accommodate a good number. If I were to rate the whole place it is actually a magnificent garden for a couple to celebrate their wedding but rating the chapel alone, I don't really like it at all. Of course, they boast a garden-type wedding and the chapel is just an option for Catholics, they have wide variety for garden ceremony venues.

Interior of the Chapel

Address: Daang Reyna, Vista City, Las Piñas
Contact Numbers: (632) 710-8545
Website: Palazzo Verde
Price: Php 15,000.00 But you have to avail their venue package for you to use the chapel.

Structurally looking it is not attractive I can clearly see the edges of the walls (looks like a cheap material), I hate drapings but this area particularly needs draping because of the fiber glass roofing they used which easily absorbs heat into the chapel and the altar seems messy because of the landscaping or maybe messy is what their aiming for (idk). I want to have a shot taken at the same angle as the picture above but I prefer the chandelier not blocking the cross in the altar (I've seen so many pictures from different photographers in the same angle and something always always blocks the altar and I hate it.)

4. San Antonio de Padua, Silang Cavite

- My fiancé and I agreed on having a Filipino-Rustic theme wedding that's why we added San Antonio de Padua in our list. I like that it looks historical and old. The rough facade of the church really pulls off our rustic theme. The interior is amazing! The hardwood ceiling is to die for, the floor patterns at the aisle compliments the walls and the altar. And this church is budget wise!
Exterior of the Church

Address: Pooc, Silang, Cavite
Contact Numbers: (046) 414-1891
Price: Php 10,000


Interior of the Church

- We still did not go for this church even though it matches a lot of my criteria and my architectural taste just because I didn't like the landscape design in front, especially the name written on it. It should have been better without it, the island should improve its landscaping, that small hill where the letters are, looks like a nuno sa punso. That's the only thing I didn't like. I knoooow, you're like, that's only one thing! Yes, one thing but it's something you see first. First impression lasts, i guess.

5. Church of Immaculate Heart of Mary, Antipolo

- I love the roof and trusses! This is the famous church where Basha and Popoy tied the knot! I couldn't say much as we did not have the time to visit because it is too far away from us, we live in Muntinlupa. And I couldn't find a reception that I like near this church. But I inquired their prices and listed them below.

Harmonious structural members supporting the Cross


Address: Fairmount Hills, Antipolo
Contact Numbers: 696-4387 or 697-0344
Price: Php 7,000.00


6. St. Benedict Parish, Ayala Westgrove Heights

- This is our chosen church, already booked! I am a December bride :) My fiance and I had a "THIS IS IT" moment when we went here. I will tell you all about it on my next blog, dedicated to this church alone.

Rhythmic Ceiling


Address: Ayala Westgrove Heights, Silang, Cavite
Contact Numbers: (046) 511-1005
E-mail: st.benedictchurchawh@yahoo.com
Price: Php 28,000.00

*Photos used above are not mine.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.