Bridal Gown Designer Hunting - My Wedding P. 3

By Kimberlene Ericka - 4:19:00 PM

First of all, you have to prepare yourself before you look for and meet your prospect designers.

1. Search new bridal gown trends: style, material and color tone (white ivory, nude, beige, etc.).
2. Save bridal gown photos that suit your taste.
3. Decide how much is your budget.
4. Best if you can try and fit bridal gowns with different silhouettes to know which suits you best from RTW bridal boutiques.
5. Make up your mind if you want a custom-made or a ready-to-wear bridal gown.

My body-built isn't clothing-friendly. I am too picky when it comes to clothing as I have areas that I want to hide such as my huge hips, my broad shoulders and so on. Standard silhouettes doesn't fit me that's why I decided to push through a custom-made bridal gown, something that would perfectly shape my body and emphasize the areas I am confident with. One of the Designers mentioned below is my chosen Bridal Gown Designer. All about my bridal gown blog will be posted soon so stay tuned!

The prices listed below is just a starting price. It all depends on the style you want. You can e-mail them photos of your chosen design and ask them for a price quotation :)

My Pick Designers:

MEL ORLINA COUTURE




All her bridal gown designs are just to die for! Mel Orlina's attention to details is killing me! She is a definition of perfection when it comes to designing a gown. I meannnnnn JUST LOOK AT THE GOWNS, could I say more? Her designs vary from vintage to rustic to elegant to classic with a twist of modern design, name it and I bet she can do it just the way you like it! The gown details are the ones that actually got me... The beads, laces and stones were placed to where it is meant to be. (Photo above from Mel Orlina Couture FB)

Brand: Mel Orlina Couture
Price Range: Php 65,000 starting for a simple bridal gown
Contact Number: 7520312
E-mail: melorlinacouture@gmail.com
Website: http://www.melorlinacouture.com
Address: 2nd floor (unit 201), Dona Consolacion Bldg., 122 Jupiter St., Bel-Air Village, 1209 Makati, Philippines
*By appointment only

VELUZ



Veluz can be describe in one word, GLAMOROUS. I just remembered Fergie's song 'Glamorous' hahaha! Their bridal gowns are very unique and classy. You can assume her brides belong to upper class by just looking at them! Style and materials are top of a kind. Veluz is very much detail oriented which I love most! Veluz mastered the tailoring of bridal gown NEEDS and wants. They only provide what's best for their brides! They offer both custom-made and ready-to-wear bridal gown.

Brand: Veluz
Price Range for Custom-Made: Php 200,000 - 450,000
Price Range for RTW: Php 120,000 - 160,000
Contact Number: (63917) 5401677
E-mail: veluzbride@gmail.com
Website:  http://veluzbride.com
Address: 2089 F. Benitez Street, Malate, Manila, Philippines
*By appointment only

ROYANNE CAMILLIA COUTURE


To be honest, I don't really know much about their brand. I just saw a Facebook advertisement and started getting interested. Her previous work were more debutant gowns than bridal. I like the originality of her works and she also gives a statement on each gowns which I like about new designers. They don't follow the trend they also make their own! Naks! In addition, I love most of her bridesmaids dresses, especially the floral one! Check her on facebook! (Photo above from RoyAnne Camilllia Couture FB)

Brand: RoyAnne Camillia Couture
Price Range: Php 45,000 starting for a simple bridal gown
Contact Number: +63917-3255039
E-mail: royannecouture@gmail.com
Website: http://www.royannecamillia.com/
Address: 215 A. Bonifacio rd. Marikina City, Metro Manila, Philippines
*By appointment only

ELIZE



Elize was recommended to me by my fellow bride-to-be who's getting married this coming December 17, Patricia Dantes. Hahaha! I need to shout out for my ate! Elize has been designing for famous local actresses such as Vina Morales, KC Concepcion, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Liza Soberano etc. until they've decided to create beautiful bridal gowns as well! Most of her clients are professionals: doctors, lawyers etc. She doesn't upload photos regularly on her website but you can ask for her bridal portfolio when you e-mail/contact her. You'll see how incredible her creations are. You know you will be taken care of as she has a record of working with famous clients. Most of her works are seen in television and magazines. The materials she uses are of great quality. She is an interior designer turned fashion designer so you absolutely know she has an eye for details!

Brand: Elize
Price Range: Php 35,000 starting for a simple bridal gown
Contact Number: +639228180185
E-mail: elizebride@yahoo.com
Website: Elize Bride
Address: 1773 Concepcion Aguila St., San Miguel, Manila
*By appointment only

NEW CREATION FASHION



I heard about New Creation from my sister-in-law! She had her gown made by Ms. Evelyn Guerrero last 2013. There is no doubt that her works are durable, stylish and the materials used were decent. I was one of her bridesmaids and our gowns were made by them as well. To me, it fitted perfectly from my chest down my toes. My SIL told me the things she didn't like about her gown such as the chest area weren't fitted well, instead of emphasizing her upper body her chest became flatter. But in my gown it was fitted nicely. To hers, I am not sure why, maybe she lost some weight during her wedding day. She was stressed during those times as she needs to travel back and forth from her duty to Manila to arrange her wedding (she's a flight attendant), so that might be one of the reasons why it didn't fit right. As to the overall design, it was beautiful. The design was copied from the original design my SIL wanted and it was almost the same! So I can attest that they absolutely create stunning gowns as well.

Brand: New Creation Fashion
Price Range: Php 20,000 starting for a simple bridal gown
Contact Number: 09178365278
E-mail: newcreationfashion@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.newcreationfashion.com/
Address: 44 Macaria Ave.Pacita 1 San Pedro Laguna

For the sake of 'attesting' my bridesmaid gown, see the photos below:

I can't find a solo picture! Hahaha!

Left to Right:

Rey, my fiance
Patricia, my friend who's a fellow December bride
Me!!!
and 
Allan, my fiance's younger brother




Other Designers:

(I don't know their starting price but they gave me price quotation of my chosen bridal gown design)

Atelier Andrea Tetangco - Php 70,000
Pablo Cabahug Fashion Design Studio - Php 80,000
Gretchen Pichay - Php 70,000
Mara Dizon - Php 40,000 recommended by my friend Bianca May Aguila (her bridal gown designer)


Thank you for reading! See you on my next wedding blog post!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.