Canonical Interview Part One - My Wedding P. 5

By Kimberlene Ericka - 4:59:00 PM

Canonical Interview slash our love story! Hahaha! This is only part one... There are many questions to be answered one post wouldn't be enough so please bear with me! The next part will be posted very soon!

St Benedict Parish Church - Photo from Google

Before a couple can marry in a church they first have to pass the canonical interview. St. Benedict Parish Church Ayala Westgrove Heights is more strict than most of the other churches around so yes this is serious.

Our schedule for the interview was May 18, 2016 at 10am but was asked to be there at 9:30am to answer some questionnaires.

We went there with my fiancè and his mother. There were no traffic so we arrived at 9:00am. Ms. Irene the Parish secretary was already there waiting for us. She took four pieces of our 2x2 picture and gave us 3 pages of questionnaires.

My fiancè and I thought the interview would be very easy and that the priest would only verify our answers from the questionnaire but no.... this is something serious.

We already submitted the questionnaires with our answers on it to Ms. Irene and then she introduced us to Father Angelo. He will be conducting our interview.

Our interview lasted about an hour and a few minutes. Thankfully we weren't interviewed separately. Sitting beside my fiancè made my jitters a little less.

He will again ask the questions from the questionnaires that we have already answered but now Father would asked every detail and he would add follow up questions to get to know us better. And by the end of the interview he would give us advise on how to make our marriage stronger.

I will be writing down the questions and our answers below so you can have an idea.

1. How and where did you meet?

- We were schoolmates back in high school. (This is what we answered in the paper but he wanted to know us more and asked for the detailed one. So prepare yourself!)

(I volunteered, so I was the one who told the story and my fiancè would be the one to answer the next question. Hehehe!)

- We were in the same school for a long time but we didn't really know each other until 2005.

It was the first month of the school year, June 2005. One day, my fiancè, Rey and his friend, Mark Borbon were standing in front of St. Matthew Classroom. I was walking in the quadrangle when Mark pointed at me and told Rey, "Uy si Kim. Maganda no?" And when Rey saw me for the very first time, everything was in slow motion. That time he knew, he loved me already but he kept quiet because he thought Mark had a crush on me. He waited 3 months before he started approaching me just to make sure that his friend doesn't have any feelings for me. Hahaha! I don't not know him yet. This story was based from Rey.

Weeks passed, we had our class at the Sister's Quarter with Sr. Thrella and he was at the roof top. That's how we finally met, but we weren't friends or anything. Then came Buwan ng Wika August, I remember St. Philip and St. Matthew won the Sabayang Pagbigkas in that year that's why we had to perform in the elementary auditorium once again. After our performance they were the next to perform. Rey and two of his friends Aaron Sinaon and Keith Ramos were blocking my way out and then they said "Hi, Kym!" I perfectly remember how Rey looked, he was blushing, grinding, nervous(?) hahaha! I ignored them because I didn't know them at that time and I don't talk to strangers. And then I passed by.

Few weeks later he had the courage to contact me via text message, "Hi Kim! Kumusta? Rey Viray to." I received his text but didn't reply immediately: first I didn't have a load at that time, second I don't really know who "Rey Viray" is. Hahaha!

One of my other suitors sent me an autoload (Ganda-gandahan lang ang peg?! Hahaha! Chos!) So a few hours later I did reply to him "Sinong Rey Viray?"... That's how we began talking to each other.

Later on, I had a chance to talk to Kenneth Ramos one of his friends and my school service mate, we were neighbors. When we were talking he got a chance to tell me that when Rey texted me the first time, they were all together spending their friend's birthday, Ryan Banal at South Peak. He then informed me that when Rey received my text message he was too excited and happy he accidentally hit Ryan with his elbow so Ryan's nose was bleeding. Hahaha! Too bad for Ryan because Rey got really excited! This story was based from Kenneth Ramos.

--- It seriously got this long! Father is eager to know every bit of details in our love story! Hahaha!

2. How long have you known each other? Courtship period?

- 10 years and 9 months;  Official courtship period is 3 months but he is insisting na more than that raw! He used to stalk and chat me kasi before. Hahaha! Sabi ko hindi official yun! He said 6 months plus daw! Whatever!

3. How long have you been engaged?

- 4 months (when we did the interview) now, 6 months.

4. What attracted me most to my partner?

- Family oriented, very kind and patient, God-fearing and sporty (my answer)

- VERY beautiful, VERY intelligent, VERY kind, VERY humble, I love everything about her. (his answer)  EDI AKO NA TALAGA! Hahaha! Wag kayo magpaniwala sa sagot ni Rey puro joke alam niyan! Hahaha!

During this question we also discussed the skills we can do and contribute in our future home. So I told Father, I can do everything and anything. I have ways on easily accomplishing household chores since I do them at home where a family of 5 live, I take care of my two siblings and even help them with their homework after my office work so sabi ko Kuracha mode na ako Father kaya ipasa mo na ako as long as Rey will clean the toilet kaya ko lahat! Hahaha!

5. Why do I want to get married?

- I want to get married because I love my fiance very much. We've been together for ten years and I think it is the right time to take our relationship to the next level with the blessings of God.

It is such an amazing experience discussing this with Father. The interview was full of laughter and teary moments! This experience made me and my fiance extra closer..

There are a total of 20 questions but since this post alone is too long already I decided to divide our Canonical Interview Experience into parts. Hope you did enjoy this post as we have in reality!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.