Canonical Interview Part Two - P.6

By Kimberlene Ericka - 5:31:00 PM

If you haven't read the first part, Here it is ---> First Part of the Interview

We will continue to question number 6.


Paskuhan c.2011 at University of Santo Tomas, Manila

6. What am I looking for in a marriage? What are my hopes?

- We were looking for a lifetime companion, someone who will be there for us through thick and thin. We are looking forward to starting a family and a good life together.

7. What do I fear most about marriage? (apprehensions)

- Let's be honest, of course the scariest thing that could happen in a marriage is divorce. It was my fiance's answer, I was totally surprised that he had taught about it. I always want to have the best answer but congratulations he got this one right! Hahaha! 

For me, I fear the most is when one of us would have an affair. It's really hard for me to even think about betrayals; including friendship. I consider myself a reserved person and it is very impossible for me to open up to a person unless we've already established a steady foundation. I believed that trust is earned, so when you try to break it, everything's not going to be the same again.

8. Why do I think I am ready for marriage?

- Aside from we love each other and realized that we are really serious having a steady and long relationship, we are both financially stable and responsible.


P.Noval Court at UST, Manila

9. What do I like to talk about with my partner? What do I avoid talking about with each other?

- I talk about my hubby about everything (literally!). Anything and everything, positive or negative I can talk to him. I am always open to talking to him, we might end up arguing about something but we're going to make-up anyways because there's nothing that can tear us apart. His answer was he can talk about anything as well but he avoids talking about past arguments or mistakes he made! Hahaha! Typical guy!

10. Have you experienced separation/breaking up from each other? If yes, what was that like?

- Yes! Of course! But to other people they might not consider it a "real separation" hahaha! Back before I finish my university we both know that I will be migrating to Hong Kong. That's where my family is, so there is where I'm supposed to be as well. So we decided to stop it from there, but we didn't really separated because we still continue communicating with each other everyday. And after 2 weeks he started courting me again. By that time, we talked about how hard a long distance relationship will be but we still agreed on making things work even how hard it is.


@Shakey's Espanya, Manila
After I graduated just a couple of months I left Philippines and started living with my family in Hong Kong.. LDR, we were winging it! But few months passed, it became really hard since I started working, his work has different shifts so we barely have the time to make a video call especially when his schedule is different than mine. We would often leave videos or messages or voice notes.. But you know it is still different especially when that person would reply immediately rather than wait for his reply when he comes back home. So we decided to try and break up. But the same thing happened! Hahaha! We still talk with each other even we already broke up, so it's like we did not even break up in the first place! Few weeks, we decided to put extra extra effort to make things work. Like he would register an unlimited internet when his schedule doesn't match mine so we can still talk even his not at home. He would stay awake just few hours more just to talk to me, and I would also wait for him to go home and sacrifice some hours of sleep. So that's it, we made it! It's hard but putting extra effort for the one you love is so worth it.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.