One Great Love

By Kimberlene Ericka - 10:36:00 PM

Have you ever felt that being someone's fiancee is an honor?

I do. I am very honored to be Rey's, a man who is very faithful to God, honest and loyal to me. Today, it is very rare to find a committed partner, and if you found one you should be honored just like me.

No matter how we can love or sacrifice for someone it still gets to a point where you seek the same love and sacrifice for yourself. Because at the end of the day, we wanted to be loved the same way we loved. Diba? I mean what kind of relationship would it be if only one person knows how to give and love while the other only knows how to receive and be loved? The thing is: love is not only giving, love is sharing.

After so many years, what made us decide to take this relationship to the next level?

I knew we were ready not only because we've been in a relationship for a decade but because I knew that he is willing to share his life, his love, his family and his everything to me.

 We are both committed since the beginning of our relationship, and I think it is one of the factors that made him more qualified to be my husband. It is a big plus points because if you are in a BF-GF relationship and your partner already cheated for so many times, then what would your marriage be like if he can't even be serious to you when you are at your greatest time?----meaning young, sexy and fresh ka pa.

For the past years Rey has proven that he is not just like any other guys out there. He made sure that he would stand out; I am a conservative and reserved person, so he would adjust the situation to my liking, for example he works at a liberated environment, but he would always voluntarily distance himself to other women because he knew I am conservative. He would always protect my pride, dignity and position as his girlfriend. He made me feel secure all the time. And that's one of his major qualities that I really love. A man who could stand up for his woman. You know I don't have to fight the battle (of getting jealous or silly fights with other women who wanted to steal him) because he would be the one to fight it for me. He is different and very special.

Most importantly, we also have to make sure that both of us are in the same page. We went to seek guidance from the Lord, if this is also what He planned for us. And it made us both realize that our love stood the test of time, we've experienced so many things together and conquered most of the challenges ahead of us. And all these years, God has been supportive of us. He never left us.. I had to go through hard times but He gave Rey more patience to stand by me. And why wouldn't I marry this person? When all I asked from God was made to life through him.

The big reveal!!!!!

It happened on the 25th of January 2016, his 26th birthday. I don't have any idea that he was going to propose.

Morning came, and he wasn't with me. He went to see his friend, Ace. I didn't ask why because it's his birthday and besides he told me, we will have a dinner date at Vivere Hotel that night.

Little did I know that he already went to Vivere that morning to prepare everything. Yes, he was the one who did everything. I couldn't believe it myself either. This very manly guy putting petals all around and lighting candles in a shape of heart and the phrase of I (heart) U, but yes, he did. I have always believed that you can do everything and anything for the one you love and this is counted as one!

We had a very full dinner at The Nest, Vivere Hotel to celebrate his birthday. 





To some of my friends and family, they asked me why are we getting married? They did ask if I was pregnant because aside from us getting married I also gained a few pounds. But I am not pregnant! You don't have to wait for circumstances to arise for two people to marry, diba? He loves me and that's enough reason for him to marry me. Well, to be honest I look like one because we ate a lot of food that day, I am very full already. HAHAHAHA. But I am working on it now. Strictly dieting before our big day arrives! So wait, until I loose pounds before we get married! Hahahaha! I love him very much because he looked past my physical shape, I was really thin back when he first courted me. He never complained on how I look. I would even tell him that thank you for loving me even I am ugly and he would always say "ang ganda ganda mo kaya!" Hahaha.

Happy birthday to the love of my life!!

I thought the dinner date would be our last activity for the day.... Not knowing it is only the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.

Please watch the video below to see all his efforts during his surprise proposal. You know what? I don't care what other people think about me posting this because he definitely deserve a shout out!

Thank you my love for everything. I should have been the one to surprise you on your birthday but you did the other way around. I love you!



As you have watched in the video we always say thank you to each other. It is very important to let your partner know that you appreciate them in everything they do for you.

Have you read my blog about his initial proposal in Hong Kong? Well, you should! ---- A Match Made in Heaven.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.