The Wedding Gown

By Kimberlene Ericka - 5:55:00 PM


Before entering the church
When I was a little girl, I decided I'd have a customized bridal gown. Something that is purposely created for me, a personal touch.

When I first met my couturier, I had a feeling that she is "the one". Yes, just the first meeting  we already paid the downpayment, that is how much we loved her.

She is very humble and professional. You know? She did not intimidate me even though her clients are mostly celebrities because aside from being a couturier, she is also a celebrity stylist. You know some fashion designers is kind of cocky especially if they worked with big time clients already but she never made me feel less of a client which I like the most about her.

Oh crap, let's name her already! I can tell you that she is one of the best in the Philippines, Miss Liza Padilla of Elize Bride.

When I first met Tita Liza, I showed her all my wedding gown pegs (inspiration). She asked me things I am confident to show  in my body and things I prefer to hide. Like my arms and my back I would rather hide it. She never made me uncomfortable even though my size is quite big than that of an average woman.
 
My idea was a ballgown silhouette because I wanted to hide the part of my tummy downwards. Well, let's just say I wanted to hide everything except my face! Hahaha! She did a simple sketch of how my wedding gown would look like. From that meeting, we came up with long sleeves, v-shaped at the back, heart-shaped in front, 6-layers of skirt the top would be tulle, leafy lace details (I forgot what was it called), swarovski crystal, 3-meter veil and finally 1 and a half meter of train starting from the tip of the ballgown. All of the ceremony accessories were provided by her as well. I just took the basic design and all white, but you can request how you'd like yours to be I just wanted it simple and white.

Basic accessories

Tita Liza was the one who delivered the wedding gown at my hotel. She was present on the day of my wedding just in case of emergency but nothing really major happened that day. She and her team was the very first supplier that came in on my wedding day, because she is always punctual even during my fitting appointments with her. She never made me wait.

I had a chance to fit my gown thrice before my wedding, but during my last fitting it is still not done yet but the skirt is there so I already anticipated how big it would be. But on my wedding day, I did not realize it would be very very heavy for me, especially when I walk or move. My couturier is heaven sent because she already knew it would be kind of hard for me so she brought with her 5 assistants that would help me carry my train and help me whenever I want to pee! 'Cos yes, pee-ing is a MAJOR problem of the bride! Haha!

Gown details

I had to practice how to walk in the hotel, since it is heavy and long which by the way I actually requested even though Tita Liza reminded me that it'd be heavy but I'm hard headed I just love how the way it looked and how fancy it is to have 5 assistants carrying my train, crazy, right? I feel like some kind of royal even just for a day. While practicing, we kind of realize that the tulle is sticking to the carpet so they had to make the front of my ballgown shorter and her assistants where amazing, they were like sewing machine and finished it off for few minutes. But our problem is back in the church, there is a carpet which is my mistake, I should have not decided to put on the carpet. But I'd write another blog on that falling under my church review.

My "dream" wedding gown
So it was still smooth and I am very happy how my wedding gown turned out. It was the way how I dream it would be. I love the details, I love the silhouette, I love every single part of it.

It was one of the best things on my wedding day! When I wore it, all the confidence just flew right on my blood. I felt like I was a queen that day, that everything will be perfect because I'm wearing the perfect gown.
Looking back! Haha
 
 My wedding gown costs in the range of Php xx,000.00 which includes: arrhae (coins), pseudo wedding rings with pillows, cord, bridal pouch, hair accessories, garter, veil, mannequin, assistance and delivery
Before I enter the church

 
One very happy bride here



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.